Patient- and Family-Centered Care
UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital
Main Phone Number:
5115 N. Biltmore Lane
Madison, Wisconsin 53718
UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin, supports a patient- and family-centered approach to care. This means that you can help us plan your care. As part of planning your care, we will ask you to tell us which people closest to you can provide you with support during your stay.
Most patients and families need help and support. Needs may vary from person to person. We have defined two types of people that may be with you during your stay. Primary Support Persons are the one or two people you are closest to. Visitors are guests of you and your family.
Who Are Primary Support Persons?
People who provide you with the support you need:
Your support persons may include:
- Best friends
- A partner
Who Are Visitors?
- Guests of you or your family
- Visitors may only visit at certain times during the day (learn more: Visiting Hours)
How Do I Designate Who My Primary Support Persons Are?
- Your primary nurse will review the primary support and visitor guidelines with you.
- At any time during your hospital stay, you may tell us who your primary support people are. Most often, this will include a small number of people.
- You are free to change your primary support persons at any time.
- We will make sure you have quiet time for rest and privacy. We will help you balance your need for support and your need for rest.
Learn more: Visiting Hours