Regional Cancer Center Network
The University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center (UWCCC), the only comprehensive cancer center
in the state, has outreach clinics, affiliations and partnerships throughout Wisconsin and Illinois.
The UWCCC has established alliances with several community cancer centers that extend its quality patient care and access to clinical trials. Consistent quality assurance is maintained through oversight provided by Carbone Cancer Center physicians - all with the convenience of remaining close to home.
- Beloit Hospital, Beloit, Wis,
- Swedish American Hospital, Rockford, Ill.
- UW Cancer Center at ProHealth Care, Pewaukee, Wis.
- UW Cancer Center Johnson Creek, Johnson Creek, Wis.
- UW Cancer Center Riverview, Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
For more information about Regional Affiliates, call (608) 265-2867.
The UWCCC offers medical oncology services to regional facilities in:
- Beaver Dam
- Richland Center
Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Outreach
The UWCCC offers pediatric hematology/oncology outreach programs in:
Wisconsin Oncology Network (WON)
The Wisconsin Oncology Network (WON)
is a regional network that has been established to allow community health centers enroll patients in select cancer clinical trials that are open at the UW Carbone Cancer Center. The UWCCC also extends the ability to participate in National Cancer Institute's funded cooperative cancer research group trials:
- Aspirus Regional Cancer Center, Wausau * ^ +
- Aspirus UW Cancer Center, Wisconsin Rapids * ^
- Aurora Advanced Healthcare, Inc. (multiple locations) *
- Aurora Healthcare Network, Inc. (multiple locations) *
- Bellin Memorial Hospital, Inc., Green Bay *
- Beloit Hospital, Beloit ^
- Columbia St. Mary’s Cancer Center (multiple locations) *
- Dean Clinic Hematology and Oncology Madison *
- Fox Valley Hematology and Oncology, Appleton *
- Gundersen Lutheran, La Crosse †
- Holy Family Memorial Cancer Care Center, Manitowoc
- John T. Vucurevich Cancer Care Institute, Rapid City, SD ^
- Langlade Hospital, Antigo * ^
- Marshfield Clinic (multiple locations)
- Medical College of Wisconsin (multiple locations)
- Mercy Health System Hematology/Oncology Clinic, Janesville *
- St. Vincent Regional Cancer Center, Green Bay
- Swedish American Hospital, Rockford, IL *
- UW Cancer Center Johnson Creek, Johnson Creek * ^
(A partnership among Fort HealthCare, Watertown Area Health Services and UW Health)
- UW Cancer Center at ProHealth Care, Oconomowoc, Mukwonago
- Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Inc. (multiple locations) +
* Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG)
+ Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG)
^ Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG)
† Children's Oncology Group (COG)
For more information on the Wisconsin Oncology Network, call (608) 265-2867.
William S. Middleton Veteran Administration Hospital
The William S. Middleton Veteran Administration Hospital
is 120-bed hospital that is connected to the Carbone Cancer Center at the south end of the building. The two hospitals share nuclear medicine and pathology services. Faculty of the UW Medical School form the medical staff of the VA Hospital. House staff and oncology fellows rotate on its services.
The VA Hospital provides additional patient resources for clinical trials, clinical training and offers laboratory research opportunities. Carbone Cancer Center members have joint appointments at the VA Hospital and several conduct their research there.