Salad Nicoise with Grilled Salmon
- 1-1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 pounds salmon fillet
- Seasoned salt to taste
- 1 cup black beans, canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup great northern beans, canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Nicoise or black olives
- 4 small Roma tomato, quartered
- 1/2 cup capers
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence or herbs of your choice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste, optional
- In a small saucepan, cook potatoes in salted boiling water until tender. Chill under cold running water. Drain and set aside. In a medium saucepan, cook green beans in salted boiling water just until tender. Chill under cold running water. Drain and set aside. In a small saucepan, cook eggs in boiling water for 15 minutes until hard cooked. Chill under cold running water. Peel, cut into quarters and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Sprinkle salmon with seasoned salt. Grill salmon until brown on all sides and cooked through in the middle. Remove from grill and set aside.
- To assemble salad, divide the following ingredients onto 4 individual plates: potatoes, green beans, eggs, salmon, beans, olives, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with capers.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small jar. Cover and shake until well mixed. Pour desired amount of dressing over each salad.
Total Fat: 37 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 297 mg
Sodium: 1128 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 73 g
Fiber: 15 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 60 g