Grilled Basil Chicken, Corn and Pepper Kabobs
Create an impressive colorful kabob with flavorful chicken and fresh vegetables.
- 1 pound boned and skinned chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1 inch thick
- 2 medium red peppers, cut in chunks
- 4 fresh ears of corn on the cob, cut in 2" chunks
- butter spray
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Cut chicken into 2 inch chunks. Place in zip lock bag.
- In a small food processor, combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, basil, garlic, and pepper. Process until smooth. Pour into bag with the chicken. Zip lock and toss to mix. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- To prepare the kabobs, alternate zucchini, peppers, corn chunks, and chicken pieces on 4 skewers. Lightly spray kabobs with butter spray. (Discard chicken marinade.)
- Heat grill to medium and grill kabobs. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Turn kabobs frequently to cook on all sides.
- When ready to serve, add a fresh cherry tomato on the end of each kabob.
Fat, gm. 6
Protein, gm. 30
Carbs, gm. 20
Cholesterol, mg. 60
Fiber, gm. 4
Thoughts on this Recipe?
Did you try making this recipe? Would you make it again? We'd like to know.