Cancer Center 2010 Events Slide Show
Each year, the UW Carbone Cancer Center hosts events to raise awareness and support for cancer research. We are also fortunate to work with a number of community groups who have dedicated their time and energy to raising funds for cancer research.
The following slideshow reflects just a few of the many events held throughout 2010 on behalf of the UW Carbone Cancer Center.
Featured Events from 2010 Among the events featured in the slideshow are:
- Ninth annual Bowlin' for Colons, benefitting colon cancer research
- St. Patrick's Day Parade, the proceeds of which benefitted the UW Carbone Cancer Center
- Walk for Courage, a three-mile walk to benefit breast cancer research. This first-time event raised more then $50,000.
- Andy North and Friends, an event with two-time U.S. Open Champion and golf commentator Andy North to raise funds and awareness for the UW Carbone Cancer Center
- Heads Up! Golf Outing raises funds for head and neck cancer research
- Jodi Lou Lung Cancer 5K Run/Walk, an event to raise funds for lung cancer research
- Sparkle of Hope, an event to raise funds for gynecologic cancer research
- Funk Out Cancer, organized by Phat Phunktion founding member Al Falaschi in memory of his wife Catherine Gates Falaschi, raised funds for colon cancer research
Upcoming Events Even more exciting events are planned for 2011. View a list of all upcoming cancer events