Recipe for Healthier Skin: Sticky Coconut Rice with Mango
Loaded with vitamin C, the mango in this light summer recipe from the UW Health Learning Kitchen can help boost the production of collagen, which keeps your skin looking plump and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- ½ cup sushi rice
- 1 (15 oz.) can coconut milk
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch coarse salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 mango, diced
- Place sushi rice, coconut milk, water, vanilla extract, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Allow to simmer, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has absorbed and rice is al dente.
- Stir in a pinch of salt, coconut and mango.
- Refrigerate in a sealed container until cooled, at least 2 hours, and serve.