Recipe for Healthier Skin: Strawberry, Rhubarb and Mint Salad
In addition to being a hardy, tart summer garden staple, rhubarb is also a natural storehouse of vitamin A - an antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals and their aging effects on the skin. And the walnuts in this refreshing recipe from the UW Health Learning Kitchen are packed with omega-3 fatty acids - which may strengthen the membranes of your skin cells, locking in moisture.
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 5 rhubarb stalks, sliced
- 2 lbs. strawberries, hulled, quartered
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chiffonade
- ½ cup walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts, toasted
- Whisk together honey and orange juice. Add rhubarb pieces and marinade until rhubarb has softened. Add strawberries and toss to coat.
- Garnish with mint and toasted nuts.