UW Health Sports Rehabilitation in Madison, Wisconsin offers a Pilates Clinic to complement your current rehabilitation regimen and as a source for your self-directed workouts.
Pilates and Sports Medicine
Pilates is an important component of sports injury rehabilitation. Our rehabilitation specialists use Pilates exercises to:
• Enhance and normalize muscle recruitment
• Identify faulty movement patterns and work towards efficient movement patterns
• Enhance segmental spinal stabilization
• Improve mobility and stability
• Improve postural alignment and awareness
• Restore shoulder and hip movements
Pilates-based Sports Rehabilitation
Pilates-based sports rehabilitation is offered to new or current UW Health Sports Rehabilitation patients. Your first Pilates session will include:
- A 60-minute musculoskeletal, posture and movement assessment that incorporates a Pilates Reformer
- Development of a detailed, individualized program incorporating Pilates-based movement exercises
- Follow-up visits will be scheduled as needed
- Referral from a physician, physical therapist or athletic trainer is required.
- Appointment charges are billed to your insurance. This does not guarantee insurance payment or coverage. Please check your insurance plan coverage.
Performance Pilates is a three-step program designed for patients who want extra guidance after discharge from formal therapy and rehabilitation services.
These options are designed for patients who want extra guidance after discharge from formal therapy and rehabilitation services.
- Option 1: Our Pilates specialists conduct a 60-minute evaluation to discuss goals and initiate effective exercises. Cost: Evaluation and a 10-class (30-minute sessions) pass is $180.
- Option 2: If you are already a UW Health Sports Rehabilitation patient and have had a program set up by one of our Pilates specialists, you can set up a 30-minute appointment for program orientation and exercise update. You'll receive 10 visits to use our Pilates Reformer independently. Cost: $150
- Option 3: If you are not a current UW Health Sports Rehabilitation patient and need a program set up for independent use of the reformer. Cost: Evaluation and a 10-class (30-minute sessions) pass is $180.
- Option 4 for Sports Specific Programming: Our Pilates specialists conduct a 60-minute evaluation. Evaluation is $150, with one follow-up, 30-minute visit for $50, five follow-up 30-minute sessions for $200 or 10 follow-up 30-minute sessions for $350.
Melissa practices physical therapy and treats youth and adults to return to sports and active lifestyles. She has a special interest in use of yoga/Pilates/TRX and integrates exercise and manual approaches to treatment while providing patient educati...
Laura's special interests include treating athletes with lower- and upper-extremity injuries, specifically dancers. She is part of the UW Health Sports Medicine Dancers Clinic, which focuses on treatment and prevention of biomechanical faults an...
Jan practices physical therapy in Sports Rehabilition at the UW Health Research Park Clinic. Her special interests include treating athletes with lower and upper extremity injuries, specifically in gymnasts, dancers and divers. She is part of the UW ...