University of Wisconsin Sports Medicine Symposium
The University of Wisconsin Sports Medicine Symposium provides the latest information on the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of athletic-related medical conditions and musculoskeletal injuries.
Its content is based on comments from past participants as well as faculty and clinical staff's perception of current trends and issues in sports medicine. The conference will focus on practical and clinically relevant information for participants to use in their daily practice.
Who should attend?
Team physicians, primary care physicians, athletic trainers, physical therapists, nurses, physician assistants, and other health professionals who provide care for athletic and active populations.
Upon completion of the symposium, participants will:
- Develop skills in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of common sports and orthopedic injuries in active populations.
- Identify age specific differential diagnoses for musculoskeletal injuries.
- Apply management and return to sport guidelines for athletes who have sustained a pediatric ACL injury.
- Summarize current research on the evaluation of hip pain and return to sport following injury.
- Recognize appropriate radiological and surgical techniques for managing common injuries to the hip.
- Analyze means to evaluate, diagnose, and treat common injuries in the female athlete.
- Select the Register/Enroll Tab
- Select login or register and follow the instructions for UW-Madison NetID login or Visitor account creation/login
- Follow any prompts to complete or update your profile information
- Click the Register tab, select your Eligible Discount and “Add to Cart”
- Select “Checkout” and follow the prompts to pay for the conference
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
- Times: 8:30am-5pm May 24, 7:30am-12:45pm May 25.
- Location: Madison Marriott West, 1313 John Q Hammons Dr., Middleton, WI 53562. Free parking is available.
- The conference fee is $395 for physicians and $295 for residents/fellows, athletic trainers, physical therapists and other allied health professionals. This fee does not include the optional Friday afternoon post-conference workshops (see information below). Enrollment is limited, so register early. The fee includes the cost of tuition for the main program, course syllabus, conference completion report, breaks, lunch on Thursday, continental breakfast on Friday and a non-refundable processing fee of $50.
- If you cancel your registration 96 hours prior to the conference, you will be refunded the conference fee minus the $50 non-refundable portion. No refunds will be made after that time. Prepayment is required. Requests for cancellation must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. No refunds will be made for cancellations received less than 96 hours prior to the activity start date.
- Madison Marriott West
- Special Rate: $136, plus tax.
- Reservations: Call (608) 831-2000 or 1-888-745-2032, or book online. Be sure to mention the seminar name and "Sports Medicine" to receive the special room rate. The special room rate will be available until May 2, 2018, or until the block of rooms is sold out, after which the rooms will be released to the public at the regular rate.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Wisconsin–Madison Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Designation Statement
The University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity,