Upcoming Sport Psychology Programs
UW Health Sports Performance offers classes to help athletes maximize their full potential.
Sport Psychology: Developing the Champion Mindset
Most athletes spend hours training their bodies and far less time on their minds. Sport psychologist Shilagh Mirgain, PhD, will lead sessions for teen athletes and adults to help them develop the mental aspect of their game.
February 20, 7-8:15pm: Get Your Head in the Game for Teen Athletes
Intended for teens 13-18, athletes will practice strategies to strengthen their mental game and effectively deal with challenges so they are better equipped to compete. Participants will learn:
- How to mentally rehearse your best performance
- How to quickly recover from mistakes to get back in the game
- How to strengthen focus and resilience to perform at your best
April 4, 7-8:15pm: Peak Performance Through Mental Training for Adults
It's never too late to develop the mindset of a champion. Mental focus, emotional regulation and resilience are key aspects of peak performance. Participants will learn:
- Practical science-based skills to take your performance to the next level
- How to have a confident mindset and quickly recover from set-backs
- How mental training can give you greater well-being and enjoyment of your sport to perform at your best
Sessions will be held at UW Health at The American Center.