Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup vegetable oil (or unsweetened applesauce)
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini or yellow squash
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line muffin tin with paper liners or grease with spray or butter and dust with flour. Tap out excess flour
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a second bowl, combine egg, oil and yogurt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined. Fold in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips. Stir in milk.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
The Learning Kitchen
Recipe courtesy of the Learning Kitchen at UW Health at The American Center.
Browse more recipes from the Learning Kitchen
Video: Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins