Wheat Berry Salad with Raisins and Pistachios
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 cup uncooked wheat berries
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. shelled pistachios, toasted
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan to medium heat. Add wheatberries and saute 1-2 minutes, until translucent. Add vegetable broth and a dash of salt and pepper and bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, place a lid on the pot, and cook for about 40-60 minutes, until tender. Drain excess liquid, allow to slightly cool, then place in a covered bowl in the refrigerator to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil, lemon juice, honey, coriander, ginger and a dash of salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Combine cooled wheat berries, dressing, raisins, cilantro and 2 tablespoons of pistachios in a large bowl. Top with remaining pistachios and goat cheese.