Tomato Lime Quinoa Salad
A delicious side for dinner, or a lunchtime meal, Tomato Lime Quinoa Salad is a gluten-free dish that is easy to prepare.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, soaked for 15 minutes, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 fresh limes, juiced
- 3 fresh scallions, cut in thin rounds
- 1-2 medium tomatoes, de-seeded and cut into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh dill or cilantro chopped
- Optional: can add corn and avocado, if desired.
If quinoa was purchased from a bulk bin, follow these basic instructions:
- Always rinse quinoa first.
- Cook 1 cup quinoa in 1 ½ cup cold water.
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil with the pot lid on, then reduce the heat to simmer. Continue to cook quinoa for 10-12 minutes.
- Add lime juice, scallions, tomatoes, olive oil, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Garnish with fresh herbs of choice.
Total fat: 6g
Saturated fat: 1g