Summer Succotash with Grilled Corn
- 2 ears sweet corn, cleaned
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen baby lima beans
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ pint multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp. green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- ½ Tbsp. flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- ½ Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- ½ Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Dash coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Place ears of corn on hot grill and cook 10-15 minutes, until corn is slightly charred and kernels are tender.
Toss lima beans in 1 tablespoon olive oil and place in a grill basket and cook 4-5 minutes, until the beans are slightly crispy. Remove corn and beans from the grill and allow to cool completely.
In the meantime, combine cherry tomatoes, green onion, herbs and lime zest and juice in a large bowl. Add lima beans. Slice corn kernels off the cobs and add to the bowl.
Toss together with remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.