Steamed Vegetables with Lemon Dressing
- 1½ pounds of vegetables (asparagus, broccoli, green beans)
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp dried fines herbes (a blend of parsley, tarragon, chervil and chives, available in most grocery stores)
- Black pepper to taste
- Clean, trim and steam vegetables.
- For dressing, combine ingredients, whisk together and warm in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Drizzle over steamed vegetables at the table. This sauce also works well with salmon or other fish.
- Makes about ¾ cup dressing
Total fat: 5g
Saturated fat: 0g