Spinach Pesto Lasagna
- Cooking spray
- 1 (25 oz) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (9 oz) box no-boil whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 (7 oz.) container pesto
- 1 (15 oz.) container ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 (10 oz.) bag baby spinach
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 oz) bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- Coarse salt and black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Coat slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Spread a spoonful of pasta sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker. Add a layer of lasagna noodles, breaking them into pieces to fit the slow cooker. Layer half of the ricotta cheese and pesto onto the noodles. Add a handful or two of baby spinach, and top with a layer of Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Repeat layers until ingredients are gone.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours. The cheese should be melted and bubbly. Uncover and let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve with a sprinkle of salt and black pepper, if desired.