Spicy Southwestern Salad with Avocado Dressing
For the salad:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ¼ tsp. cumin
- 1 ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne (optional)
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz. can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
For the dressing:
- ½ of an avocado
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- A squeeze of lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into one inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, cumin, and chili powder. Coat the sweet potatoes with this mixture.
- Roast potatoes for 10 minutes. Stir the potatoes around. Turn the heat up to 425 degrees, and roast for another 10-15 minutes. Remove when potatoes are just barely roasty-brown on the outside. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a small food processor, pulse all dressing ingredients until mostly smooth.
- Toss the beans, corn, lettuce, and sweet potatoes with the dressing.