- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cubed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
- 1 lb. whole grain spaghetti
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Heat a stock pot to medium-high heat. Add bacon and rosemary and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and onion and saute 5 more minutes, until onion is soft and garlic is fragrant. Add the ground beef and break apart lumps with a wooden spoon. Let it cook a few minutes until starting to brown; add wine and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare whole grain spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and toss with olive oil. Once sauce has slightly thickened, serve over pasta and garnish with Parmesan cheese.