Simple Summer Lentil Salad
- 1 cup of dry lentils (green French lentils hold their shape best)
- 1 large bell pepper (any color); washed, seeded and cut into small cubes
- 1 large cucumber; washed and cut into small cubes
- Handful of fresh basil (or 2 tablespoons dried basil)
- ½ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Pinch of salt and lots of freshly ground pepper
- Optional: Soak lentils overnight, drain and rinse. Put lentils into a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 20-30 minutes or until just soft. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add basil, thyme, salt and pepper; pulse until mixed and herbs are coarsely chopped. Add the vegetables, herbs and dressing to the lentils and gently mix. Serve chilled.
Total fat: 1g
Saturated fat: 0g