Simple Baba Ghanoush
- 1 medium eggplant
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 Tbsp. each fresh cilantro and fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to high broil and position a rack at the top of the oven.
- Slice eggplant into ¼ inch rounds and place onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt to allow water to be released from the eggplant. After 10 minutes, pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of salt. Roast for 5-10 minutes, flipping once or twice, until the eggplant is softened and golden brown. Remove from pan, stack and wrap the rounds in foil to lock in moisture. Let sit for five minutes.
- Add eggplant to a food processor. Add garlic, lemon juice, tahini, a pinch of salt and herbs. Process until creamy.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.