Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Black Beans and Chili Dressing
Print This Recipe
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 1½ pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, preferably red, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 11/2 Tablespoons minced jalapeño
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 cups black beans, unsalted (canned or dried and cooked according to instructions)
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Put sweet potatoes and onions on a large baking sheet, drizzle with 2 Tablespoons oil, toss to coat and spread out in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast, turning occasionally, until potatoes begin to brown on corners and are just tender inside, 30–40 minutes. Remove from oven; keep on pan until ready to mix with dressing.
- To make dressing, put jalapeños in a blender or mini food processor along with garlic, lime juice, remaining olive oil and a salt and pepper. Process until blended.
- Put warm vegetables in a large bowl with beans and bell pepper; toss with dressing and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, or refrigerate for up to a day.
Total fat: 7g
Saturated fat: 1g