Quinoa Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites
- ½ cup quinoa
- ½ cup unsweetened dried cherries
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- ¼ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Allow to cool.
- In a food processor, combine quinoa, cherries, walnuts, cocoa powder and chocolate and process to evenly mix.
- Add dates to processor and pulse until well combined and forming a sticky "dough".
- With clean, slightly wet hands, roll mixture into approximately 1-inch size balls. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate to store. They will become firmer as they cool.
- Optional: Coat bites in shredded coconut after rolling.
Makes 10 bites