Pumpkin Protein Balls
Recipe courtesy of UW Health's Sports Nutrition Program.
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. flax seed
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (supplying approx. 20-25g protein)
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (can substitute raisins if preferred)
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Roll into approximately 1" balls.
- Chill 25-30 minutes before consuming.
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Serving size: 1 ball