Pumpkin Creme Crumb Bars
- 1 ¼ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup packed light-brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- Ice cold water (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, oats, salt and baking soda. Stir in honey and brown sugar and mix until no clumps remain. Stir vanilla into melted butter and pour mixture over dry ingredients. Using a spoon, stir mixture until evenly moistened. If mixture is too dry, add 1 tablespoon of ice water at a time until it has a formed consistency.
- Sprinkle half of the crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased 8×8 baking dish and gently press into an even layer. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin and eggs until well blended. Pour mixture over crumb crust in baking dish and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle top evenly with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 25-30 minutes, until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature. Once cool, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour, then remove and cut into squares. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.