Peanut Butter Quinoa Bars
Make your own gluten-free snack bars that are perfect for a snack or as part of a healthy breakfast or lunch.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup all natural peanut butter, creamy or chunky
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup quinoa flakes or quinoa flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional toppings: shredded coconut and Craisins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and peanut butter until creamy.
- Add in eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Blend in quinoa flakes, brown rice flour, and baking powder.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into prepared pan, flattening top evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool ½ hour. Cut into squares.