Pan-Seared Salmon Recipe
Pan-Seared Salmon will impress your friends, and take you 15 minutes or less to make. Discover an easy way to incorporate this healthy fish into your diet.
- 4-4oz salmon pieces
- 3oz port wine
- 3oz balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Heat the sauté pan and add the oil.
- Lightly season the salmon with salt and pepper. Place the salmon in the hot pan and let it sear for a few minutes on one side.
- While the salmon is cooking, heat a second pan and add the port wine and swish it lightly. Next add the balsamic vinegar and let the sauce reduce while the salmon continues to cook. The sauce should reduce to a maple syrup consistency.
- When the salmon is cooked approximately half-way, flip it over and continue cooking on the other side. The cooked side should have a nice brown crispness to it.
- Once the salmon is cooked, remove to a serving dish and drizzle the sauce of the top. Garnish with a little lemon zest if you wish.
- You can serve the salmon with any side dish you wish. Chef John recommends potatoes or a wild rice side.
Total Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 59 mg
Sodium: 77 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 8 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 5 g
Protein: 23 g