Orange Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato without skin, cubed
- 2 Cs cooked pumpkin (or 1-14.5oz canned pumpkin)
- 6 C low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2-3 Tablespoons of dry sherry or white wine (optional)
- 1/2 C coconut milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon curry powder
- Over medium heat sauté onions and olive oil in large stockpot.
- Add spices, carrots, and celery and cook for around 10 minutes.
- Add in broth, sherry, sweet potato and pumpkin, and bring to a simmer. Cook for around 30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat, and puree with hand blender.
- Return puree to pot and add coconut milk, heat until warm. Sprinkle with lime zest. Salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe modified from glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com