Oatmeal, Apple and Walnut Bake
Are you looking for a healthy breakfast you can prepare the night before? Try this make-ahead recipe that pairs oatmeal with apples and nuts and adds a touch of brown sugar and cinnamon flavor. Cut it in squares and serve with yogurt or drizzle with maple syrup.
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup Egg Beaters or 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda or sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups raw quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large apple, peeled and finely chopped*
- 1 cup flaked coconut, optional
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, egg beaters, applesauce, brown sugar, Splenda, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add oats, walnuts, apple, and coconut. Stir to mix.
- Spoon into pan. Cover and refrigerate over night or until ready to bake. Let stand at least an hour before baking.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until set.
Total Fat: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 1 mg
Sodium: 615 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 44g
Sugar: 24 g
Protein: 10 g