Miso Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup crunchy natural peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. Miso
- ½ cup chicken broth, or water
- 1 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, ribs removed, minced (optional)
For the lettuce wraps:
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups red, green or black seedless grapes, halved
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- Lime juice
- In a small bowl, whisk all the sauce ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with canola oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Coat the chicken with the chili powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- When the pan is hot, add the chicken and cook for a few minutes on each side until the cooked through (5-8 minutes per side).
- Cut or shred the chicken into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine about half of the sauce with the chicken and the grapes. Add more sauce as needed to evenly coat everything.
- Stuff each butter lettuce leaf with the mixture. Add water or oil to the remaining sauce until it pours evenly off the end of a spoon. Drizzle sauce over the top of each wrap.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice when served if preferred.