- 4 oz chorizo
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp coarse salt and ground black pepper
- Dash hot sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 6 corn tortillas, toasted
- 1 cup fresh refrigerated salsa
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco or Cotija cheese
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Fresh lime wedges
- Heat a medium sized saucepan to medium-high heat. Cook chorizo for about 3-4 minutes, until browned. Pour in black beans, water, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and hot sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes, until hot. Smash black beans with a potato masher. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Fry eggs in a non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray set on medium-low heat. Flip once and cook just until egg white is set but yolk is runny, about 2 minutes.
- Prepare huevos rancheros by spreading bean mixture on the corn tortillas; top with an egg, salsa, cheese and cilantro, and garnish with lime wedges.