Harvest of the Month: Vegetarian Sweet Potato Chili Recipe
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 15.5 oz can of black beans
- 1 15.5 oz can of kidney beans
- 2 raw sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-½ Tbspn cumin
- 2-½ tbspn chili powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a medium or large crockpot and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Serve warm.
Follow Culinary Services at UW Health on Facebook for more delicious recipes.