Harvest of the Month: Lemon-Garlic Asparagus
- 2 lbs of asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Mix sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium or large crockpot, add the asparagus and sliced lemons. Drizzle sauce over the asparagus.
- Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours. Serve warm.
Follow Culinary Services at UW Health on Facebook for more delicious recipes.