Harvest of the Month: Hearty Green Soup with Beans
- 1 cup dry white beans
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 Tbspn extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 cups water
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup kale
- Parmesan cheese
- Add beans through water to a slow cooker. Stir.
- Cook on high 4-6 hours.
- After the soup has cooked, add spinach and kale. Cook on low for a 1/2 hour.
- Spoon into bowls and top with parmesan to serve.
Follow Culinary Services at UW Health on Facebook for more delicious recipes.