Harvest of the Month: Crockpot Vegan Collard Greens
- 10 cups chopped collard greens (about one large bunch)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- Low sodium soy sauce, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Spray the bowl of your crockpot lightly with cooking spray. Add all of the ingredients through garlic to the crockpot and gently mix. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, add low sodium soy sauce and black peper to taste.
- Serve warm.
Follow Culinary Services at UW Health on Facebook for more delicious recipes.