Harvest of the Month: Crockpot Roasted Root Vegetables
- 1 cup beets, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup turnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 cups new potatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium or large crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 8-9 hours.
- Serve warm.
Follow Culinary Services at UW Health on Facebook for more delicious recipes.