Harvest of the Month: Apple Cabbage Slaw
- 1 head of cabbage, cored and finely chopped
- 1 green apple, sliced into thin strips
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablesppon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Toss cabbage, apple and onions in a bowl. Set aside.
- Warm a saucepan with low-medium heat.
- Add apple cider vinegar, sugar, olive oil, mustard and red pepper flakes. Whisk together. Continue until mixture reaches a simmer.
- Drizzle dressing over cabbage mixture and toss gently until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Serve cold.
Follow Culinary Services at UW Health on Facebook for more delicious recipes.