Grilled Chicken with Pesto and Marinated Tomatoes
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup homemade or store-bought basil pesto
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, cored
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 generous teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat grill to high. Combine pesto with lemon juice and pour over the chicken in a nonreactive dish. Rub mixture into chicken and set aside.
- Slice up tomatoes and place in a bowl. In another bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, basil, remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and black pepper. Pour mixture over tomatoes and mix.
- Remove chicken from pesto and grill, turning once, until golden on both sides and cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a platter and serve with tomato mixture on top.
Saturated fat: g