Green Goddess Zucchini Pasta
- ½ lb. spaghetti or other pasta
- 2-3 zucchini, spiralized
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. roasted pistachios, plus more for serving
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Cook pasta according to package directions. Just before draining, reserve a cup of the pasta cooking water in a bowl. Place the spiralized zucchini in the reserved pasta water until just softened, about 5 minutes. Place drained spaghetti and zucchini in a large bowl.
- In a food processor, combine the tahini, garlic, avocado, lemon juice, pistachios, basil, mint, jalapeno and olive oil. Blend until it's pesto-like, adding more olive oil if needed. Add the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the avocado pesto sauce into the pasta and mix to combine. Top with tomatoes and additional pistachios.