Greek Lemon Chicken Soup
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 cups unsalted chicken stock
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white rice
- Coarse salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- Heat olive oil to medium-high heat in a large saucepan. Add onion and saute 2-3 minutes, then add garlic and saute an additional 30-60 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add chicken stock, lemon, chicken and crushed red pepper flakes. Turn heat up to high and bring to a boil. Add rice, salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium. Allow to cook 15-20 minutes, until chicken shreds easily with a fork and rice is al dente. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with feta cheese and fresh chives.