Gluten-Free Savory Stuffing
At the holidays, you can still enjoy traditional favorites even when eating gluten-free. Enjoy your turkey with all of the trimmings with this gluten-free stuffing side dish.
- 2 Udi’s gluten-free French Baguettes, baked and brought to room temperature, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 Udi’s gluten-free Seeded Whole Grain dinner rolls, baked and brought to room temperature, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- ½ cup chopped celery (1-2 stalks)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ½ teaspoons Bell’s seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin generously with butter.
- Saute veggies with 1 tablespoon of butter, olive oil, and Bell’s seasoning over medium heat in a medium sized skillet for 5 minutes or until vegies fork-tender. Set aside to cool down a bit.
- In a large bowl, add bread cubes and drizzle 1 cup water over bread. Add eggs to bread and stir to blend in. Carefully add cooked vegetables over bread mixture. Using a spoon, mix the vegetables and bread cubes until resembles stuffing consistency.
- Roll mixture into 6 balls and place into muffin tin to bake. Melt about 1 tablespoon butter to drizzle on top of the stuffing balls. Add a dash of salt and pepper atop as well, if desired.
- Bake stuffing balls for about 20 minutes. If gravy is desired, remember that many gravies have gluten as an ingredient so you must check the food label.
Total fat: 12 g
Saturated fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 70 mg
Sodium: 283 mg
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 7 g