Gluten-Free Banana Cake
A delicious cake that is perfect for potlucks or even on the go.
- 2-1/4 cups gluten-free flour mix
- 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1-2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cup mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together EXCEPT sugar.
- Cream shortening and sugar with mixer, add eggs and buttermilk, stir in bananas. Mix in dry ingredients on low speed 30 seconds, then 3 minutes on high speed.
- Spray pan and bake at 350 degrees or until cake springs back.
- Make 24 cupcakes or two 9" round pans, or one 13x9" pan.
- Baking times: 20 minutes for cupcakes; 30 minutes for 9" pans; 45 minutes for 13x9" pan.