Fruit and Oatmeal Bars
- 6 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups oatmeal
- ½ cup mixed, unsalted seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame)
- ½ cup honey
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1½ cups dried fruit, at least three types (raisins, cherries, apricots, pineapple, cranberries, papaya, etc) in dime-sized pieces or smaller
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or foil, letting some hang over the upper edge of the pan. Brush lining of pan with oil.
- Spread oats and seeds on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven just until golden, 6-8 minutes, shaking the pan once. In saucepan, combine oil, honey, brown sugar, maple syrup and salt. Stir over medium heat until hot. In a bowl, combine and mix toasted oats and seeds, dried fruit and cinnamon. Pour hot mixture over and stir until well combined. Transfer warm mixture to prepared pan, pressing into the pan evenly.
- Bake until brown, 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely. Remove from pan by using the overhanging paper. Cut into bars.
Total Fat: 8.43g
Saturated Fat: .86g