Fresh Vegetable Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1 large peeled carrot, julienned
- 1 large cucumber, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 10 (8-inch) spring roll rice
- paper wrappers
- 3 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar or honey
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. Sriracha or chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Splash hot water
- Prepare rice paper wrappers by pouring warm water into a shallow nine-inch pan. Dip the rice paper wrappers, one at a time, into the water for 45-60 seconds until it is soft but pliable. Immediately remove it from the water and place on a flat surface. Pat slightly dry.
- At the bottom third of the wrapper, place assorted vegetables. Tightly roll up the rice paper, tucking in the fillings. Repeat process until vegetables are used up.
- In a small bowl, prepare dip by whisking all of the peanut sauce ingredients together.
- Serve spring rolls with peanut dipping sauce.