Flourless Chocolate Torte
This flourless chocolate torte is a decadent gluten-free dessert.
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 18 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter (cut into pieces)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300. Grease a 10 inch round pan and dust with cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a small pan combine water, salt and sugar and cook over medium heat until dissolved. Set aside
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and pour into a mixing bowl or mix by hand. Add the butter 1 piece at a time until fully incorporated. Add the hot water and sugar mixture to the bowl. Add 1 egg at a time and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread it out evenly. Place pan in a water bath and bake until the torte puffs slightly and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Torte should cook for 25 – 35 minutes. Remove from oven let stand for 30 minutes and refrigerate.