Brussels Sprouts Salad with Cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lb fresh cranberries, washed
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 ½ Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Dash coarse salt and ground black pepper
- 2 lbs roasted brussels sprouts
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup turbinado or cane sugar
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan. When sugar is dissolved, remove pan from the stove and allow to cool to warm. Add the syrup to a bowl with fresh cranberries. Secure with a lid, place in refrigerator and allow to sit overnight. Remove cranberries from bowl and dry on a cooling rack for 1 hour. While cranberries dry, prep salad.
- Zest and juice lemons into a bowl. Add honey and whisk in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add brussels sprouts and toss to combine.
- Top salad with goat cheese, bacon and walnuts.
- Remove cranberries from sugar water using a slotted spoon and place in a bowl. Discard sugar water. Toss cranberries with tubinado sugar until coated. Place sugared cranberries on top of the salad.