- 20 ounce package frozen broccoli cuts
- 26 ounce jar spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 2 cans (14 or 16 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 pkgs. (8 ounces) no-boil lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Place broccoli in colander under running water to thaw; squeeze out excess water. In large bowl, combine broccoli, spaghetti sauce, stewed tomatoes, sugar and 1 cup water. Stir to break up tomatoes.
Preheat oven to 375°F. In the bottom of a 9-inch x 13-inch glass or ceramic baking dish, spread 1 cup of tomato/broccoli mixture. Arrange ¼ of the uncooked noodles over sauce – making sure to leave a ½-inch space between noodles and sides of baking dish because the uncooked noodles will expand during baking. Top with ¼ of the tomato sauce and ¼ of the shredded cheese.
Repeat layering noodles, sauce and cheese three times. Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is lightly brown. Makes 10 servings.
Total fat: 9 g
Saturated fat: 5 g
Sodium: 670 mg
Carbohydrates: 32 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 17 g