Blackened Salmon Tacos with Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 salmon fillets (about ¾ pound)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or light sour cream
- ½ lime, juiced
- Cayenne pepper or mild chili powder to taste
- Combine chili powder, paprika, black pepper and cayenne pepper to make blackening seasoning. Stir with a fork to combine. Press one side of the salmon into the seasoning.
- Heat a large, nonstick sauté pan over medium/high heat and add oil. Once hot, add in fillets, blackened side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side, or until dark golden crust forms. Flip to the other side, reduce heat to low/medium and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and squeeze fresh lime juice over the top. Flake salmon with a fork into smaller, bite sizes chunks. Warm tortillas. Fill each taco with salmon and a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Total fat: 11 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Sodium: 387 mg
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 24 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 23 g