Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4-5 tenderloins (about 6 ounce total)
- ½ cup of crushed Corn Flakes®
- ¼ cup coarsely ground almonds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- Pinch garlic powder
- ½ cup water or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large egg-white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or coating with a light cooking spray.
- Cut chicken breasts into nugget-sized pieces, about 1½-inch square. Combine Corn Flakes®, ground almonds, salt, white pepper and garlic powder in a large container with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well forming a coating mixture.
- Combine water and egg in medium bowl. Dip each piece of chicken into the water/egg mixture and then dip into the coating mixture. Make sure each piece is well coated. Place coated pieces on baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Turn halfway through cooking time. Makes six servings (four nuggets per serving).
Total fat: 2 g
Saturated fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 12 mg
Sodium: 123 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 1 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 6 g