Asian Pork Sliders with Slaw Recipe
- 1 lb pork loin
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder (available in most grocery stores)
- 4 oz package of broccoli slaw mix (broccoli, carrots, red cabbage)
- ½ tsp sesame oil*
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 4 whole wheat buns
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub pork loin with five spice powder and roast until internal temp reaches 155 degrees (approximately 45 minutes). Remove and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly.
- In a bowl, combine ½ package of the broccoli slaw mix with the sesame oil and vinegar mix. Let sit for ½ hour so that flavors will meld.
- To assemble, add 3 oz of the pork to the bun and top with the broccoli slaw.
- The mistake many people make is over cooking pork! Using a thermometer is always the best way to test doneness for any cut of meat. Purchase one for just a few dollars at your local grocery store.
- Sesame oil adds an element of flavor that is uniquely Asian and makes a real difference to this simple slaw, however, canola can be substituted.
Total Fat: 13 g
Saturated fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 117 mg
Sodium: 385 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 32 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 40 g