Asian Peanut Chicken Noodle Bowl
- 8 oz. package rice noodles
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 Tbsp. canola or peanut oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Pinch coarse salt and ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar or honey
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. sriracha or chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Splash hot water
- ½ cup diced green onion, basil and/or cilantro, for garnish
- ¼ cup peanuts, for garnish
Prepare noodles according to package instructions. Add matchstick carrots to the boiling water and drain. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Place chicken breasts in hot skillet and cook 4-5 minutes on each side, until juice runs clear. Remove and slice chicken into strips.
While noodles and chicken cook, prepare sauce. Whisk together peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime zest and juice, sriracha, ginger and a splash of hot water.
Place cooked noodles and carrots in a bowl and top with chicken strips, drizzle with sauce and garnish with green onion, basil and/or cilantro and peanuts. Makes four servings.